Mark your calendars! The Fleet’s comin’ t’town!
4500 sailors are projected to take part in the week-long activities scheduled in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Staten Island.
Ship tours run from 8 am to 5 pm with the exception of the Intrepid Pier, which opens at 10 am. Note: Some lines may be capped at 3 pm, so get there early!
Manhattan, Pier 88 (map):
• Wasp-class amphibious assault ship USS Bataan (LHD 5)
• Marines assigned to the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit
*Please note due to cruise ship operations there will be no public tours on Pier 88 on Sunday, May 29.
Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum, Pier 86 (map):
• USCGC Juniper (WLB 201)
• Four USNA YPs
Brooklyn Cruise Terminal (map):
• Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer USS Farragut (DDG 99)
• Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer USS Bainbridge (DDG 96)
• USCGC Forward (WMEC 911)
USS The Sullivan’s Homeport Pier, Staten Island (map):
• Whidbey Island-class dock landing ship USS Fort McHenry (LSD 43)
• Cyclone-class patrol (coastal) ship USS Shamal (PC 13)
Manhattan, Pier 92 (map):
• Iroquois-class destroyer HMCS Athabaskan (D 282)
• Kingston-class coastal defense vessel HMCS Kingston (MM 700)
• Kingston-class coastal defense vessel HMCS Moncton (MM 708)
• Submarine HMCS Windsor (SSK 877)
posted by Mai Armstrong for the Working Harbor Committee